COCISD Student Registration
Welcome to COCISD!
We are excited to have you join our community! This year we have moved to online registration for all students, both new and returning, so now you may register your child for school from the comfort of your own home. If you have a problem with our online registration system or need assistance, please contact the campus registrar as shown below.
Campus office hours for the public during the school year are 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday through Friday. Summer office hours for the public are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Thursday.
NOTE: There is NO student registration on the first day of school. Registration resumes the next day.
If you have questions or need assistance with registration, contact the campus registrar/attendance office:
James Street Elementary/Coldspring Intermediate - 936-653-1190 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Lincoln Junior High - 936-653-1156 or email email@example.com
Coldspring-Oakhurst High School - 936-653-1159 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Returning Student Registration
Beginning with the 2022-23 school year, all student registration - including returning students - will be paperless. No more paper student packets will be sent home at the beginning of the school year, but every returning student will be registered online through the Parent Portal. Get a jumpstart on the new school year by enrolling your child online today!
- Registration must be completed by a parent or legal guardian only.
- Registration for each student requires a current light bill as proof of residency.*
*A current light bill is required each year and can be uploaded into your parent portal account. Be sure to write the student's first name, last name, and campus at the top of the bill so it can be properly documented.
Begin registration here: Parent Portal - for step-by-step instructions, see Online Registration on this page.
If you are unable to upload documents to the portal, you may email them to your child's current campus through the email address listed below:
James Street Elementary & Coldspring Intermediate - email@example.com
Lincoln Junior High - firstname.lastname@example.org
Coldspring-Oakhurst High School - email@example.com
Questions? Contact District PEIMS Coordinator Jennifer Herrington at 936-653-1106 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below are quick instructions for online registration. See COCISD Online Registration Instructions for more detailed instructions and troubleshooting.
To begin registration, go to COCISD's Parent Portal.
1. Create a new account if you are new to the District, or Log in if you already have an account.
2. You must use a valid email address.
- If you do not have an email address, you may create a free account with Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.
- The system will verify your email address by sending you an email with a link for you to click.
3. Once you are logged in, choose "ENROLL A NEW STUDENT" and follow the prompts. Please complete each screen slowly before you save and move to the next screen. If it doesn't save, look for the red error message to correct your missing/incorrect data.
4. There is a Required Forms section during the registration process. Please upload ALL the required documents. You can do this with a photo of the documents. If you prefer, you may drop off copies of the documents at the campus.
ENROLLMENT IS NOT COMPLETE UNTIL ALL DOCUMENTS ARE RECEIVED AND VERIFIED.
requirements to register
Age RequirementsState law requires school attendance between the ages of 6 and 18. A child must be five years of age on or before September 1 to enter Kindergarten. To enter First Grade, a child must be 6 years of age on or before September 1.
Document Requirements (K-12)
- Student's Birth Certificate
- Student's Social Security card
- Parent/Guardian's Identification
- Proof of physical residence (such as a utility bill)
- Transcript from previous school
- Immunization record
- COCISD Registration Form
- Pre-K students only:
- Insurance verification
- Benefit verification
- Income verification
Pre-K is a full-day program. To qualify for the Pre-K program, the student must be four years old on or before Sept. 1, come from a family with an income at or below subsistence levels, or is unable to speak the English Language. A tuition-based program of $1,000 per semester is available for families who don’t meet income or language-based requirements.
For all registrations, failure to provide all required documents will result in a delay of the registration process. Students will not be assigned classes/teachers until registration is complete.