Coldspring-Oakhurst CISD COVID-19 Dashboard
The following information is designed to keep you up-to-date with COCISD's positive COVID-19 cases and protocols. Scroll down to view charts on the district's weekly reports to the state, and cumulative totals of positive COVID-19 cases on campuses since the beginning of the 2020-21 school year.
What is a positive case?
A positive case is when a person gets a report from an approved lab that verifies he/she has the COVID-19 virus. When we receive the report, here is the protocol:
- The state health department is notified and an immediate *close-contact investigation is performed.
- Students and staff members who are determined to have been in close contact with the affected individual are notified and quarantined.
- Based on the investigation, a determination is made whether to quarantine a class, group, campus or the district.
- Appropriate **notification is sent out to parents, students and staff in the affected campuses/departments.
- While quarantined, students are transitioned to asynchronous online learning until they may return to campus.
* To view the Center for Disease Control's definition of "close contact" click HERE.
** If an active case is reported by a student or staff member while in quarantine, notification is not sent because the infected person was not on campus at the time of the infection.
Weekly Reporting to the State
This is a summary of the weekly reports COCISD has submitted to the state since school started. It displays the number of new COVID-19 cases identified in the district the previous week. Our first positive case was confirmed on Oct. 6, and was reported on Oct. 12.
The following chart shows the cumulative total number of COCISD's positive COVID-19 cases by campus/department from the first day of school, September 8, 2020. It is updated as new cases are reported.