Coldspring-Oakhurst High School Parent & Family Engagement Policy
The Coldspring-Oakhurst High School Parent & Family Engagement Policy is developed jointly with parents. Parents play an extremely important role as the children’s first teachers. Their support for their children and for the school is critical to their children’s success at every step of the way. The purpose of parent involvement is to promote a school-home partnership that will help all students on all campuses succeed. Everyone gains if school and home work together to promote high achievement for our children. This policy is intended to engage parents in ongoing and meaningful communication about student academic learning and other school activities ensuring parents and families:
- play an integral role in assisting their child’s learning;
- become actively involved in their child’s education; and
- become full partners in their child’s education and are included, as appropriate, in decision-making and on advisory committees to assist in the education of their child.
Coldspring-Oakhurst High School will:
- Convene an annual back to school meeting, at a convenient time, to which all parents of participating children shall be invited and encouraged to attend, to inform parents of their school’s participation in Title I.A, and to explain the requirements of Title IA, and the rights of the parents to be involved;
- Provide parents the school-parent compact at the back to school meeting or when appropriate depending on when the student enrolls in the school;
- Offer a flexible number of meetings, such as meetings in the morning or evening and may provide, with Title I.A funds transportation, childcare, or home visits as such services relate to parental involvement;
- Involve parents, in an organized, ongoing, and timely way, in the planning, review, and improvement of programs under Title I.A, including the school parent involvement policy, the development of the school-parent compact, the annual spring Title I.A evaluation, and the joint development of the schoolwide program plan;
- Provide parents of participating children:
- Timely information about Title I.A programs,
- A description and explanation of the curriculum in use at the school and the forms of academic assessment used to measure student progress
- Opportunities, as appropriate, to participate in decisions relating to the education of their children,
- Responses to suggestions in a timely manner; and,
- If requested by parents:
- Provide opportunities for regular meetings to formulate suggestions, and
- Include comments from parents of participating children who find any aspect of the schoolwide plan unsatisfactory when it is submitted to LEA.
Parents and community members are always welcome at our schools. By using your suggestions to improve our schools and by working together, we can make all the students in our school successful learners.