Students and staff enjoy fresh fruit offerings that include locally grown watermelon, pears and oranges. Farm Fresh Fridays provide a taste of Texas with the Tiny Tomato Cup filled with three different varieties of tomatoes grown from Village Farms in Marfa. Even our milk is from Borden - a Texas product!
Locally grown/made products this month include:
- Watermelon from Double H Farm in Pearsall
- Baked potatoes from Pro-Health Farms in Dalhart
- Spring Mix from Central Texas Specialty Growers in Manor
- Tomato Beefsteak and 3 varieties of small tomatoes: Heirloom Rebel Mix, Grape Tomato & Yellow Cherry Tomato from Village Farms in Marfa
- and Milk from Borden Dairy in Conroe
"We are so proud of our students for being so open to trying new fruits and vegetables they haven't tried before," said Child Nutrition Director Dawn Smith. "Since we joined the Farm Fresh Challenge last year, we have continued to offer local products throughout the school year. We love it!"