COCISD announces registration dates for 2018-19 school year
Coldspring-Oakhurst Consolidated Independent School District will be accepting new student registration at all campuses Aug. 8, 10, 14, 16, and 17 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., and Aug. 13 and 21 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. There will be no new student registration on the first day of school, Monday, Aug. 27. New student registration will resume during normal school hours on Tuesday, Aug. 29.
Registration for new students in Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten is going on now at James Street Elementary from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday through Thursday.
The following documents are required to enroll all students:
- Student’s certified birth certificate
- Student’s social security card (card required)
- Parent/guardian’s Identification
- Proof of physical residence (such as a utility bill)
- Transcript from previous school (or the end-of-year 2017-18 report card indicating whether the student was retained or promoted)
- Immunization records
- COCISD Registration Form
- For Pre-K students only: To attend at no cost, the following documents are also needed:
- Insurance verification (Medicaid/CHIPS/Private)
- Benefit verification (SNAP/WIC)
- Income verification (Tax Return 1040 Form AND a check stub for the previous month)
Pre-K is a full day program and spaces are limited, so come out early to secure a place at JSE. To qualify for the Pre-K program, the student must be four years-old on or before Sept. 1, 2018, come from a family with an income at or below subsistence levels, or is unable to speak the English Language. A tuition-based program of $1,000 per semester is available for families who don’t meet income or language-based requirements.
Failure to provide all required documents will result in a delay of the registration process. Students will not be assigned classes/teachers until registration is complete.
For questions or more information on new student registration, contact COCISD at 936-653-1106, or the campus your student will attend.