COCISD Annual District Improvement Plan
The Coldspring-Oakhurst CISD District Improvement Plan (DIP) is prepared annually in accordance with requirements of Chapter 11, Subchapter F, of the Texas Education Code, specifically §11.251 and §11.252. These requirements are also contained in the COCISD Board Policies BQ(LEGAL) and BQA(LEGAL).
Each school district shall have a district improvement plan that is developed, evaluated, and revised annually, in accordance with district policy, by the Superintendent with the assistance of the district-level committee. The purpose of the district improvement plan is to guide district and campus staff in the improvement of student performance for all student groups in order to attain state standards in respect to academic excellence indicators.
The District Improvement Plan serves two important purposes:
- To document a Comprehensive System for Continuous Improvement for the district. The system is accomplished at the district, campus and individual employee levels, through establishment of policy and delivery of a number of ongoing, annual and long-range actions. An integral feature of the system is the alignment of all district planning efforts with the Strategic Plan.
- To provide a structure for implementing the five-year Strategic Plan, on an annual basis. The DIP provides detailed annual work plans for the key strategies and goals in the Strategic Plan, and is guided by a Needs Assessment conducted each year by the District (site-based) Leadership Team.
Campus Improvement Plans are located on each campus website under the Campus tab.
Click to view: COCISD 2021-2022 District Improvement Plan
COCISD Early Childhood and CCMR Board Approved Goals
Texas House Bill 3 (HB3) requires the school board to adopt plans that target early childhood (EC) literacy and math proficiency and college, career, and military readiness (CCMR). Plans are required to include:
- at least one assigned district-level employee to coordinate the plan’s progress and submit an annual report on the district’sprogress;
- an annual review by the board of trustees at a public meeting;
- an annual report posted on the district and campus website(s); and
- specific, quantifiable, annual goals for five years.
*Plans are to include annual goals for aggregate student growth on 3rd-grade math and reading STAAR and CCMRreadiness indicators.
COCISD Early Childhood Literacy & Math Proficiency and College, Career, and Military Readiness Goals
Early Childhood Literacy Goal
Increase the percent of 3rd Grade students who score at the MEETS performance level on STAAR Reading from 17% to 34% by August 2026.
Early Childhood Math Proficiency Goal
Increase the percent of 3rd Grade students who score at the MEETS performance level on STAAR Math from 10% to 30% by August 2026.
Increase the percent of graduates who meet the college, career, and military readiness (CCMR) measure from 59.6% 70% by August 2026.
*The expectation must be that all COCISD graduates attain (post-secondary credentials) a technical certificate, military training, or a two-year or four-year degree.