Enrollment for Non-Resident Students
Coldspring-Oakhurst Consolidated Independent School District accepts enrollment applications for non-resident or transfer students. Applications are available at the COCISD Administration Building located at 14210 State Highway 150 West in Coldspring.
Applicants for Pre-Kindergarten-12th grade are currently eligible for consideration. Acceptance considers both student and campus criterion as well as program availability.
To be eligible, students must have:
Students from home school, private school, or non-accredited schools must show satisfactory scores on a nationally recognized norm-referenced assessment, a locally developed assessment, or a previously released state assessment of appropriate grade level.
- a good attendance record for the previous semester and the most recent six weeks period;
- passed all classes the previous semester and all current classes;
- a record of good behavior;
- transportation to-and-from school; and
- passing scores on all portions of the latest Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills.
Applications are considered individually. We cannot accept ‘families’ because we are filling a specific empty seat in a specific grade at a specific campus. There may be a time when some grade levels are closed.
In addition to capacity, other campus considerations are student/teacher ratios and growth projections.
For more information, call the COCISD District PEIMS Coordinator Cindy Hogland at 936-653-1106, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.