COCISD Instructional Cycle/Framework
- Use the district adopted curriculum & resources to prepare student-centered lessons and
- Before the lesson is prepared, the teacher should have a clear idea of what the teaching objectives Begin with the end in mind.
- Know your students’ individual learning needs. Differentiate and provide extensive exposure to the content with the appropriate level of rigor.
- Facilitate clear, TEKS-Based content/skill-based learning
- Utilize strategies and tasks to engage learners in rigorous learning
- Use essential questions/questioning strategies to deepen learning and check for
- Actively monitor student progress and provide ongoing
- Facilitate student interaction/collaboration using meaningful academic
- Clearly define, implement, and strictly enforce all classroom rules and procedures/protocols to maximize instructional
- Establish and nurture a safe and orderly learning environment that is conducive to student
- To ensure student growth and continuous improvement in student learning
- Utilize assessments to gauge teacher effectiveness and identify patterns in learning outcomes to ensure long-term student achievement goals are met.
- Assessments provide teachers with invaluable information on students’ independent knowledge, skills, and application of the grade level/course TEKS.
- On-going monitoring of student progress on grade level/course
- To demonstrate accountability of the alignment of the curriculum, instruction, and
- Prioritize TEKS based upon frequency on STAAR via:
- TEKS Cluster/Subcluster
- TEKS Student Expectation (SEs)
Reflect & Discuss Data
- Use the information to inform practices to heighten student learning
- Discuss data with your team/colleagues, students, and community
- Reflect on research-based teaching methods and
- Discuss priority content and skills that are transferable PK-12.
- Identify changes needed, additional information desired to improve student learning
- Set new/additional assessment goals to continue to transform student
- Ongoing: review & analyze student performance data to inform instructional practices and adjust instructional plans for remediation and
- Plan for and implement accelerated learning plans with
- Repeat (and repeat…and repeat…). That’s the thing about ongoing assessments…you’re never done, so the process keeps on going.
Personalized Accelerated Instruction
- Develop personalized accelerated instruction plans that target specific TEKS as it pertains to the student’s area(s) of weakness/deficit based upon performance
- Meet with the student to set personalized learning/achievement
- Target specific TEKS during each accelerated instruction tutorial session
- Implement differentiated learning activities in tier one instruction through content, processes, or tasks.
- Utilize small group instruction and one-on-one conferences based on students’ needs and abilities.
- Address enrichment/extension and remediation using instructional
- Monitor and adjust instructional plans based on student performance
- Recognize and value each student’s academic progress regardless of their starting
- Ensure learning activities are planned for and implemented for students to be working in their zone of proximal