2020-21 Information for COCISD Staff
This is going to be a challenging year for all of us, but our first priority is the health and safety of our staff and students. COVID-19 has created a lot of changes to our workplace and workplace procedures. To learn the new guidelines, please carefully read the following information. If you have questions or concerns contact Human Resources Coordinator Candy Yeager at 936-653-1102 or email email@example.com.
Face Covering Requirements
All COCISD staff are required to wear masks inside district facilities. Masks shall simultaneously cover both the nose and mouth as recommended in CDC guidelines. Face shields that fully shield the eyes, nose, mouth and extend below the chin and around the sides of the face may be approved as an alternative to a mask in some work assignments.
Masks are not required under the following specific circumstances:
Employees not wearing masks shall be considered to be in violation of district dress code and addressed accordingly.
- Outside of district buildings and able to meet social distancing requirements (at least six feet apart)
- Alone in a classroom or an individual enclosed office
- A classroom or conference room with a limited number of room occupants who are satisfying social distancing requirements
- Occupancy of the space by multiple parties for periods exceeding 15 minutes warrants mask wearing
- Common areas such as hallways, cafeterias, and offices with traffic flows warrants mask wearing
- Medical certification prohibiting or restricting the wearing of a mask or face shield has been accepted by Human Resources