Pre-K and Kindergarten Registration
We have moved to online registration this year for all students, so now you may register your child for Pre-K or Kindergarten from the comfort of your own home. If you are uncomfortable registering online on your own or need assistance, just visit the James Street Elementary campus to enroll at one of our kiosks.
Need help with registration? There will be three student registration labs at the Jones Educational Complex Auditorium, 125 FM 1514 in Coldspring. Computers and assistance will be available. Please bring all documents needed to upload.
Monday, Aug. 1, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Tuesday, Aug. 2, from 4 to 7 p.m.
Thursday, Aug. 4, from 4 to 7 p.m.
NOTE: There is NO student registration on the first day of school. Registration resumes the next day.
Age RequirementsState law requires school attendance between the ages of 6 and 18. A child must be five years of age on or before September 1 to enter Kindergarten. To enter First Grade, a child must be 6 years of age on or before September 1.
Document Requirements (K-12)
- Student's Birth Certificate
- Student's Social Security card
- Parent/Guardian's Identification
- Proof of physical residence (such as a utility bill)
- Transcript from previous school
- Immunization record
- COCISD Registration Form
- Pre-K students only:
- Insurance verification
- Benefit verification
- Income verification
Pre-K is a full-day program. To qualify for the Pre-K program, the student must be four years old on or before Sept. 1, come from a family with an income at or below subsistence levels, or is unable to speak the English Language. A tuition-based program of $1,000 per semester is available for families who don’t meet income or language-based requirements.
For all registrations, failure to provide all required documents will result in a delay of the registration process. Students will not be assigned classes/teachers until registration is complete.
Below are quick instructions for online registration. See COCISD Online Registration Instructions for more detailed instructions and troubleshooting.
To begin registration, go to COCISD's Parent Portal.
Please note the following:
1. Create a new account if you are new to the District, or Log in if you already have an account.
2. You must use a valid email address.
- If you do not have an email address, you may create a free account with Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.
- The system will verify your email address by sending you an email with a link for you to click.
3. Once you are logged in, choose "ENROLL A NEW STUDENT" and follow the prompts. Please complete each screen slowly before you save and move to the next screen. If it doesn't save, look for the red error message to correct your missing/incorrect data.
4. There is a Required Forms section during the registration process. Please upload ALL the required documents. You can do this with a photo of the documents. If you prefer, you may drop off copies of the documents at the campus.
ENROLLMENT IS NOT COMPLETE UNTIL ALL DOCUMENTS ARE RECEIVED AND VERIFIED.
Campus office hours for the public are 8 a.m to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday on school days, and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday during the summer.
parent portal quick tips
Quick Tips for Parent Portal
- On your first visit to the Parent Portal, please take some time to familiarize yourself with the valuable information available on the Summary page.
- Be sure to explore the sections for attendance, grades, and assignments.
- Remember to set up your Alerts! Alerts will notify you via e-mail every time your child is marked absent for a class, or if they receive a grade on an assignment that is below a certain score.
Questions regarding registration/attendance? Please contact the campus at one of the numbers and emails listed below:
* Street Elementary - firstname.lastname@example.org, 936-653-1187
* Coldspring Intermediate - email@example.com, 936-653-1152
* Lincoln Junior High - firstname.lastname@example.org, 936-653-1166
* Coldspring-Oakhurst High School - email@example.com, 936-653-1140
Parent Portal Questions? Contact District PEIMS Coordinator Jennifer Herrington at 936-653-1106 or firstname.lastname@example.org.