On behalf of the staff at Coldspring-Oakhurst CISD, I am happy to welcome you to the 2016-17 school year! We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education.
As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities.
We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
1) Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
2) Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
3) Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
4) Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
5) Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and continue to be a productive member of society.
Please consider joining our school volunteer program as our students can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the school’s program and its operations. You can find a copy of the student handbook on our website at www.cocisd.org
If you have any questions about the rules and expectations, please feel free to contact your child’s campus principal. It is very important that you and your child are fully informed regarding standards related to appropriate behavior for a safe and productive school year. We thank you for your support and look forward to meeting you.
Sincerely, Dr. Leland Moore, Interim Superintendent